Red velvet cake has been around for many centuries. This cake is most popular in the southern United States and is often a staple at many southern family dinner tables, church suppers or even family reunions. It has a rich and sweet chocolate flavoring. This cake is perfect for special occasions, parties, or even an afternoon snack. For most people, the bright red color immediately attracts the attention. That's what makes this cake so different from all of the others.
Here is an old style red velvet cake recipe from scratch that you can prepare at home. This recipe takes 40 minutes to prepare (30 minutes for preparing the cake and 10 minutes for frosting the cake) and 30 minutes to cook.
What you will need:
2 ½ cups of all-purpose flour, 1 ½ cups of regular sugar, 1 teaspoon of baking powder, 1 large teaspoon of cocoa powder, 1 cup of fresh buttermilk at room temperature, 1 ½ cups of vegetable oil, 2 large eggs, 2 tablespoons of red food coloring, 1 teaspoon of white distilled vinegar, 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract, 3 teaspoons of vegetable oil for greasing the cake pans
9 inch baking pans - 3
1. Preheat a conventional oven to 180°C.
2. Separate the egg whites and yolks. Add the sugar to the yolks and whisk well.
4. Add the vegetable oil, buttermilk and vinegar and blend well until the sugar is fully dissolved.
5. In a separate bowl, take the egg whites and whisk to get to dropping consistency. Add the red food coloring to the egg whites, whisk some more and keep aside. Sift together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and vanilla extract. Add the flour mixture to the vinegar-buttermilk mix and blend well. There should be no lumps in the mix.
6. Now add the red-colored egg whites to the batter and fold lightly until they are well incorporated. Grease the baking pans with vegetable oil and dust the insides with a little flour. Pour the batter equally in the three pans.
7. Bake the cake in the oven for 30 minutes. If your oven does not have a turntable then turn the cake pans once in between.
8. Once the cakes are done, invert them on a cooling rack and let them cool completely before applying the frosting.
Optional ideas for frosting and decorating your Red Velvet Cake is to sprinkle the top with coconut, chopped pecans, or colored sugar granules. If you want chocolate frosting, add 1/3 cup cocoa to the cream cheese frosting recipe. The last secret to a delicious Red Velvet Cake recipe is to use real vanilla extract, not imitation.
So, what are you waiting for? Learn and get more stunning and creative ideas from this application of Red Cakes. Here, you can see many pictures related to the topic so you can get more inspiration. Moreover, you can save your favorite picture in your memory card and share it with your friend, remember sharing is caring!
Download now and enjoy!
Red Cakes is a free software application from the Food & Drink subcategory, part of the Home & Hobby category.
The app is currently available in English and it was last updated on 2016-09-14. The program can be installed on Android.
Red Cakes (version 1.4) has a file size of 6.71 MB and is available for download from our website.
Just click the green Download button above to start. Until now the program was downloaded 0 times.
We already checked that the download link to be safe, however for your own protection we recommend that you scan the downloaded software with your antivirus.